for winter in Minnesota, so lonely
Kate Bush, "Nocturn"
Kate Bush, "Aerial"
New Order, "Procession"
Hawkwind, "Orgone Accumulator"
Wire, "A Serious of Snakes"
Sleater-Kinney, "Entertain"
Jawbox, "Savory"
The Fall, "Psycho Mafia"
*
Dagoba organic dark chocolate with lavender and blueberries
Twinings Irish Breakfast tea
*
if your art is done, johnny get your gun
*
...change is not my strong suit. Neither is forgiveness, or letting go. Everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it. But the willingness to let go comes from the pain: and pain makes us willing to change, and effort to change changes you, and jiggles the spirit, gets to it somehow, to our deepest, hardest, beautiful, ruined parts. And then Spirit expands, because that is its nature, and it drags along the body, and finally, the mind.
*
Your sins are forgiven; go in peace
Receive your sight
Stretch out your hand
Little girl, I say to you, arise
*
In the sun
I feel I want to be up on the roof
I feel I gotta get up on the roof
(words: Sleater-Kinney, Anne Lamott, Jesus, Kate Bush)

<< Home